The American Association of Neurological Surgeons is dedicated to increasing international participation in AANS. These pages focus on information of particular interest to neurosurgeons and allied medical professionals practicing outside of the United States.
Ensure that you do not miss any news by registering to receive AANS mailings and emails! And visit often to view new online education courses, case studies or journal articles.
- The 15th World Federation of Neurosurgical Societies (WFNS) World Congress of Neurosurgery is September 8-13, 2013 in Seoul, Korea. Online abstract submission is open. Please visit their website for information: http://www.wfns2013.org/
- Attend the AANS International Reception during the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans. Free to medical attendees, this reception will be held at the Van Benthuysen-Elms Mansion in New Orleans Garden District on Monday, April 29, 2013 from 6:30 -8:00 PM.
- The AANS will stream presentations live from our 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting in New Orleans. Information is posted in the AANS Annual Scientific Meeting preliminary program posted here.
Presentations that will be live streamed include
Access instructions will be posted online
- Nuances of Intracranial Surgery: An Interactive Video Presentation (page 69 of preliminary program): Monday, April 29th from 2:00 – 4:30 pm eastern standard time
- Nuances of Cerebrovascular Surgery: An Interactive Video Presentation (page 91 of preliminary program): Tuesday, April 30th from 2:00 – 4:30 pm eastern standard time
- AANS/CNS Section on Cerebrovascular Surgery section session, Wed, April 29 from 2:00pm – 4:30 pm eastern standard time
- AANS/CNS Section on Peripheral Nerves section session, Tuesday, April 30 from 2:00 – 4:30 pm eastern standard time
- The AANS created a content library of videos, podcast and other content for use on iPod mobile devices. Learn more.
New benefit for AANS International Members: AANSconnect is an online professional networking community for AANS members. Each member has a profile of professional information - and there are many ways to connect with colleagues. Plus, over 500 poster presentations from the 2012 annual meeting are featured. Members can review, submit and comment on neurosurgical case studies; view videos and presentations- and more! If you are member, visit www.aansconnect.org. For information on international membership, click here.